Applied Research Reports
We provide a variety of applied research reports to faculty, administrators, and staff. Some projects begin with data collection (designing and administering surveys), whereas others rely on preexisting data. Our Center has been granted access to data from Admissions, the Registrar, UCOP, and many other university entities. We use these data to answer specific questions—from simple to complex—about UCI students and programs. The list of reports below provides a sample of our most current applied research studies.
Reports by Topic
Division of Undergraduate Education Departments
- Comparison of Demographic and Academic Backgrounds Between Campuswide Honors Program Entrants and All Other Entrants (9/2014).
- Relationship Between GPA and Subsequent Quarter Academic Probation to Determine Undecided/Undeclared Freshman Academic Advising Needs (2/2014).
- Course, End of Quarter, and Cumulative GPAs for Summer Bridge Students (8/2013).
- Comparison of GPA and Retention Rates for International Students in the Summer Start Program versus Domestic Students (10/2013).
- International Student Report for International Peer Group Mentors (9/2012).
For the Academic Senate
- Reports on Faculty and Graduate Student Perceptions of Academic Program Strengths and Weaknesses for Academic Program Review (8/2014, provided annually).
- Comparative Analysis of UCUES Responses for Academic Program Review (8/2014, provided annually).
- Spring Report on New International Students Survey (7/2014, 7/2013, 7/2012).
- Fall Report on New International Students Survey (1/2014, 1/2013, 1/2012).
- First Generation, Low Income, Both, International Student Status, and GPA by Undecided/Undeclared versus Declared Majors (5/2013).
- First-Year Academic Success Rates for International Students Entering UCI in Fall 2012, and Fall 2011 Cohort Update (1/2013).
- Public Health Majors Responses to 2012 UCUES (11/2013).
- Multivariate Predictors of Academic Success in Four Courses (10/2013).
- Success Rates of STEM versus Non-STEM Transfer Students (4/2013).
- Demographics and Academic Background of Students who Take versus Retake Bio 93 and Bio 94 in Summer (3/2013).
- Rates of First Generation, Low Income, and Both by School (1/2013).
- Correlation between Bio 93 Mid-term Exam Scores and SAT Math, High School GPA, and AP Biology (11/2012).
- Correlation of SAT Math and High School GPA with Success in Biological Sciences and Engineering Core Course Performance (10/2012).
- Study of Math SAT Scores and High School GPA of Physical & Biological Sciences, Engineering, and ICS (7/2012).
- Transfer Student Time-to-Degree (3/2014).
- Time-to-Degree for Biology Majors who Entered UCI as Biology Majors Directly from High School (1/2014).
- Internal Migration and Time-to-Degree for U/U versus Declared Major Students (4/2013).
- Timing of Upper-Division Writing Enrollment among Social Science Majors (5/2014).
- Upper-Division Writing Enrollment by Class Level (12/2013).
- Comparison of Upper-Division Writing Course Grades by Academic Program (12/2013).
- Relationship Between Upper- and Lower-Division Writing Grades (12/2013).
- First-Year Integrated Program (FIP) Participant Enrollment in Writing 39A and 39B (10/2012).
- Perceptions of Campus Climate by Ethnicity from 2008, 2010, and 2012 UCUES (5/2014).
- Campus Climate Findings from 2012 UCUES (5/2014, 1/2013).
- UCUES Responses for Official UCI Student Profiles (1/2014).
- Comparison of Academic Probation Rates Between International and Domestic Students (12/2013).
- Assessment of Olive Tree Initiative Participation on Student Thinking (10/2012).
- Demographics and Academic Background of First Generation Students (10/2012).
- Longitudinal Analysis of UCI Summer School Enrollment (10/2012).
We’re here to help. Please contact Venette Van Duyn to request services.