Integrated Composition, Improvisation, and Technology Ph.D. Learning Outcomes
- Ability to create and produce original music works integrating composition, improvisation, and technology.
- Awareness of contemporary musical practices and repertoire that integrate composition, improvisation, and technology.
- Ability to incorporate computer software, electronic music hardware, and programming into the music making process.
- Ability to apply critical thinking in the analysis and critique of current musical trends and developments.
- Awareness of significant efforts, and challenges, in the combination of diverse musical styles, genres, and cultures.
- Ability to develop and produce a substantial body of musical work demonstrating and experimental and research-based approach to music making, and to explicate the area of expertise related to that creative work.
We’re here to help. Please contact Venette Van Duyn to request services.