Dance B.F.A. Learning Outcomes
- Recognize and perform the vocabulary of several dance genres.
- Apply the principles of dance choreography to their own creative process.
- Demonstrate an introductory level understanding of music notation and the principles of Laban Movement Studies.
- Apply the science of human kinesiology to dance.
- Recognize major figures in the history of dance, classify different dance genres, and distinguish between historical eras of dance.
- Write about dance, describing, interpreting, evaluating and contextualizing dance performance and practice.
We’re here to help. Please contact Venette Van Duyn to request services.