Applied Research Reports
We provide a variety of applied research reports to faculty, administrators, and staff. Some projects begin with data collection (designing and administering surveys), whereas others rely on preexisting data. Our Center has been granted access to data from Admissions, the Registrar, UCOP, and many other university entities. We use these data to answer specific questions—from simple to complex—about UCI students and programs. The list of reports below provides a sample of our most current applied research studies.
Reports by Topic
Division of Undergraduate Education Departments
- Comparison of Demographic and Academic Backgrounds Between Campuswide Honors Program Entrants and All Other Entrants.
- Relationship Between GPA and Subsequent Quarter Academic Probation to Determine Undecided/Undeclared Freshman Academic Advising Needs
- Course, End of Quarter, and Cumulative GPAs for Summer Bridge Students.
- Comparison of GPA and Retention Rates for International Students in the Summer Start Program versus Domestic Students.
- International Student Report for International Peer Group Mentors.
For the Academic Senate
- Reports on Faculty and Graduate Student Perceptions of Academic Program Strengths and Weaknesses for Academic Program Review (provided annually).
- Comparative Analysis of UCUES Responses for Academic Program Review (provided annually).
- Spring Report on New International Students Survey.
- Fall Report on New International Students Survey.
- First Generation, Low Income, Both, International Student Status, and GPA by Undecided/Undeclared versus Declared Majors.
- First-Year Academic Success Rates
- Multivariate Predictors of Academic Success in Four Courses.
- Success Rates of STEM versus Non-STEM Transfer Students.
- Rates of First Generation, Low Income, and Both by School.
- Transfer Student Time-to-Degree
- Time-to-Degree for Biology Majors who Entered UCI as Biology Majors Directly from High School
- Internal Migration and Time-to-Degree for U/U versus Declared Major Students
- Timing of Upper-Division Writing Enrollment among Social Science Majors
- Upper-Division Writing Enrollment by Class Level
- Comparison of Upper-Division Writing Course Grades by Academic Program
- Relationship Between Upper- and Lower-Division Writing Grades
- First-Year Integrated Program (FIP) Participant Enrollment in Writing 39A and 39B
- Perceptions of Campus Climate by Ethnicity from UCUES
- UCUES Responses for Official UCI Student Profiles
- Comparison of Academic Probation Rates Between International and Domestic Students
- Demographics and Academic Background of First Generation Students
- Longitudinal Analysis of UCI Summer School Enrollment
We’re here to help. Please contact Venette Van Duyn to request services.