Global and International Studies Ph.D. Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of current scholarly concerns, literature, and debates in global studies and related fields.
- Demonstrate appropriate mastery of one or more substantive global issues.
- Learn the various components of the research process and understand the importance of empirical evidence.
- Explore the implications of global processes for research design and knowledge production.
- Design and carry out a research project, drawing on primary sources, fieldwork and appropriate scholarly literature in global studies.
- Write a thesis that articulates an interdisciplinary analysis of global issues, problems or challenges.
Assessment of Learning Outcomes:
- Satisfactory completion of coursework
- Satisfactory completion of language requirements
- Satisfactory completion of qualifying exams
- Satisfactory completion of doctoral thesis and public defense
We’re here to help. Please contact Venette Van Duyn to request services.