Art B.A. Learning Outcomes
- Learn the basic skills, vocabulary, and aesthetics of the discipline.
- Conceive, design, realize, and assess art works.
- Develop creativity and original thinking.
- Gain knowledge of the qualities and applications of contemporary and traditional art-making
- Work safely and properly with all manner of tools and equipment.
- Work collaboratively on group projects.
- Foster respect and active cooperation in spite of differences
- Describe art verbally and in written form.
- Think critically about the issues of value, representation, hierarchy, and power that condition our understanding of what constitutes art.
- Recognize major figures and movements in the history of art, and understand their relevance to the current practice of art.
- Pursue a career in art as an intellectual and creative endeavor.
We’re here to help. Please contact Venette Van Duyn to request services.