Art History B.A. Learning Outcomes
- Visual Analysis: Ability to recognize, distinguish, and characterize styles of objects, artists, movements, media, etc.
- Past and Present History: Familiarity with societies of past and present.
- Other Cultures: Knowledge about cultures remote from students’ own, attained through study of works of art produced by those cultures.
- Writing Skills: Skills for writing critically and persuasively, with specific application to art history.
- Theories & Methods: Awareness of major theories and interpretive debates in the study of art history.
- Objects in Societies: Understanding of the roles objects play in societies; patrons and collectors, sites of exhibition and display (religious institutions, museums), critics and critical reviews.
We’re here to help. Please contact Venette Van Duyn to request services.