Biology/Education B.S. Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of biology at the level of molecules, cells, systems, organisms and ecosystems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key concepts in evolutionary biology, ecology, neurobiology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, developmental biology and physiology.
- Demonstrate scientific quantitative skills, such as the ability to evaluate experimental design, read graphs, and understand and use information from scientific papers.
- Demonstrate skill in communication of scientific data in standard format.
Teaching Performance Expectations
- Engage and support all students in learning
- Create and maintain effective environments for student learning
- Understand and organize subject matter for student learning content specific pedagogy
- Planning instruction and designing learning experiences for all students
- Assess student learning
- Develop as a professional educator
Subject Specific Pedagogy: Students are expected to demonstrate
- Developmentally appropriate practices in relation to subject-specific pedagogy
- English language development in relation to subject-specific pedagogy
- Subject-specific pedagogical skills for multiple subject teaching assignments
- Subject-specific pedagogical skills for single subject teaching assignments
We’re here to help. Please contact Venette Van Duyn to request services.