Social Policy and Public Service B.A. Learning Outcomes
- Gain applied research (both quantitative and qualitative training) and analytical skills (scientific and statistical fundamentals) to address social issues as critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- Ability to design and conduct a research project addressing a social issue that will require data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Have knowledge, awareness, and skills in cultural competency as it relates to unrepresented and marginalized groups through theory, research, community leadership, and public service.
- Develop communication skills to articulate effectively when addressing an issue, providing contextualization and supporting points for complete understanding of the content and effective analysis of an outcome.
- Acquire practical experience in professional community settings and gain leadership skills, teamwork, and professional etiquette while understanding organizational structures and behavior.
- Cultivate an appreciation and ethical responsibility for community investment, action research, and civic engagement.
- Understand the diverse domains of social policy and be able to apply theoretical knowledge to analyze the impact of policies on marginalized communities.
We’re here to help. Please contact Venette Van Duyn to request services.