Spanish B.A. Learning Outcomes
- Write and speak Spanish with clarity and accuracy; and have solid reading abilities in that same language.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and respect for cultural diversity, especially that related to Latin America and Spain.
- Read and analyze texts and discourses in the context of existing Latin American and Iberian analyses involving literature (Literary Emphasis), film (Cinema Emphasis), or linguistics (Teaching Emphasis).
- Obtain the ability to verbally communicate and debate ideas, especially those related to culture and the field of their specialization (i.e., Emphasis).
- Be sensitive to the social, linguistic, and ethnic differences that characterize the Hispanic world, and know how to use that knowledge in a constructive manner when interacting with students of various Latino backgrounds.
- Have an appreciation for the sociohistorical contexts that have produced the literary, linguistic, or cinematic traditions of Latin America and Spain (here expectations are specific to each one of our 3 Emphases: Literature and Culture; Teaching; Cinema).
We’re here to help. Please contact Venette Van Duyn to request services.